Mar 26, 2010

Issues

I'm very grateful for general good health!!

Let me start with a little episode in January. I was having some paid in my stomach. It felt like a bowel movement that didnt actually lead to anything...constant pain, no relief. I After about a week or so of this, one morning I knew it wasn't just trapped gas, but something different. I had trouble standing up straight and waddled over to the computer. I read online and concluded that I had appendicitis. I called AM and she cancelled visits (which will be a reoccurring theme) to take me to the hospital. When we got there I simply said, "I have appendicitis." They did a ct scan and a white blood cell count. They said that I was right and sent me on my way to the provo hospital to have surgery. The next thing I knew I was on a table thinking, "boy, this is weird...I'm about to have surgery...like real surgery...cutting me open....hmmm, they said that the anesthetic will kick in soon...hmmm"...zonk (i was out in 10 sec). I wake up feeling decent. Recovery went well...I was happy and everything was all good. I had a regular check up to see if the stictches were healing etc. Ana maria dropped me off, and of course I left my phone at home. I ask where I go for a check up and she says, "uuuhhh you are in the wrong place"....you need to go to 250 n univ ave." she wrote it on a sticky and I said well thats only 10 blocks south, no big deal. I run down there, afraid I'm going to miss my visit, and there is no doctor office. I run into a spanish speaking loan place and after some language issues, called and they tell me its 2550 n univ ave! What!?!?!?....no phone, no way to tell AM where I'm going to be....wow. I remembered a day when I got run miles and miles without any issues, and decided that I would run up there. Nevermind the fact that I just had surgery...I'll be alright. So I run all the way up there and the receptionist treats me like dirt bc I was late and doesnt let me call AM bc its a "long distance number." They squeeze me in with the doc and she spends about 15 seconds with me and sends me on my way.

Part II

That night I start to have some stomach issues. I felt quite a bit of discomfort and blamed my digestive issues on a delicious spinach pasta AM made for me. It gets worse and worse, and then finally blood and mucuos and other gross stuff lead me to believe that its not just old spinach thats tearing me up. I call the surgeons office and they say my issues have nothing to do with the surgery and tell me to go to a reg doctor. I go there and long story short- I have C-Diff. Look it up if you want to know how I got it and what it does. Doctor give me antibiotics and BAM its over. No pain, etc.

part III

I'm done with the antibiotics and once again the syptoms are coming back, so they prescribe me Cipro (another antibiotic). All of the sudden I start to have severe muscle/tendon soreness and pain. Like reallllly bad. I read the warnings on the label and there it is....it even warns that it may cause your tendons to BREAK!!! I'm still in pain, and as I was writing this paragraph I turn my neck and the tendons feel like they are going to snap...pain, everywhere. I'm off the drug and hopefully there wont be a part IV, but still like I said I'm so grateful I don't have IBS or MS...two things that have run through my mind. I love life and I'm very lucky for a good wife that is with me the whole way....thanks for buying the yogultuh baby!
*update...finale*
Its not 4/17/10 and I think it's finally over. I think my stomach issues have finally subsided and I haven't taken anything for about a month now, which I guess means I'm able to function on my own. The Cypro really messed me up for quite some time. Up until just a couple days ago, I would still be feeling the after effects. So depsite missing the WHOLE SNOWBOARDING SEASON, I'm very happy and healthy. Hmmm and now what about all those doctor bills....(glad we had insurance,though).

No comments:

Post a Comment